Hungarian Mushroom Goulash
- 1 lb. mushrooms
- 2 large onions
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth (could use beef too)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Hungarian Paprika
- Sauté onions in butter for 2-4 minutes
- Add mushrooms and broth or water with seasonings and simmer for about 20 -30 minutes.
- Serve with Spaetzle (recipe below) …well worth the extra work!
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Mix together. Dough will be sticky. Bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil. Spray spatzle maker with nonstick. (You can make spaetzle without a spaetzle maker too but the inexpensive tool makes work easy).